Part 1 Topic & Questions – Topic: Study
Q1: Are you a student or are you working?
I’m currently a senior at X University, which is one of the top schools in the nation. Admission is incredibly competitive so I’m very proud of being a student here.
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Television & Sample Answers
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Flowers & Sample Answers
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: House & Sample Answers
- IELTS Speaking Questions (Part 1, 2, 3) & Sample Answers – Topic: Health
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Hometown & Sample Answers
Senior (noun) final year university student
Q2: What are you studying?
Well, I’m majoring in Accountancy, so as you can guess, I deal a lot with numbers and figures day in, day out. It can be overwhelming at times, but I’d like to think that I have a knack for mathematics and calculations so it’s okay.
Day in, day out (phrase) continuously or repeatedly over a long period of time.
Have a knack for (phrase) to be exceptionally proficient at (doing) something
Q3. Why did you choose to study that major?
There are many reasons for my choice. As I’ve already explained about my long-term interest in Accountancy, another reason could be because of accountancy itself, since I’ve found my personalities have changed in a positive way, you know, like I’ve become more patient and skillful.
Q4. What’s the most difficult part of your study?
Well, for the most part, I’d say it’s the workload. I mean there are so many assignments and students are always under a lot of pressures from deadlines. But on the other hand, exams are a piece of cake. They are quite predictable, and I can pretty much breeze through them with a bit of revision.
*pretty much = almost
A piece of cake (idiom) very easy
Breeze (through) (verb) to easily complete or win something
Q5: What do you like most about your school?
I guess the aspect I find most enjoyable is the environment. I mean, I get to study in English-speaking classrooms and the facilities are top-notch; I mean, all the classrooms are air-conditioned and equipped with projectors. My friends and teachers are all very nice as well, so all in all it’s a great place to study.
top-notch (adj) excellent
Composed and edited by Dang Tran Tung, IELTS 9.0
Bear in mind that you should explain your topic ideas to lengthen your sentences and show off some more advanced vocabulary. For example:
- top school ==> competitive admission + very proud
- accountancy ==> deal with numbers ==> overwhelming
- workload ==> many assignments ==> pressure
- top-notch amenities ==> air-conditioned classrooms + equipped with projectors
You can get our IELTS speaking ebook titled “IELTS Speaking Actual Tests & Suggested Answers (Ebook)” which covers all the latest IELTS Speaking Actual Tests in 2017 with Band 9.0 Model Answers to boost your IELTS score.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Study & Sample Answers - July 12, 2017
- Top 20 Great Grammar for Great Writing (Ebook) - July 12, 2017
- High-scoring IELTS Writing Model Answers (based on past papers) – Ebook - July 11, 2017