13.Describe a wedding that you have attended.
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 83 – Topic: Describe A Movie You Recently Watched
- 55 NEW IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics for IELTS Exam (September – December, 2016) & Band 8.0 Sample Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: A Special Meal & Model Answers
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 75 – Topic: Describe a Game/ Sport
- IELTS CUE CARD 56 – TOPIC: A CHARACTER IN A MOVIE/TV PROGRAM
You should say:
whose wedding it was
who was there
and explain how you felt.
Today, I’m gonna share with you a wedding of my friend that I attended. Last month, I received a wedding invitation from my old friend from primary school. The wedding was held at the beginning of April. We have been close to each other for over 15 years, therefore, I definitely wanted to attend at all costs, due to the fact that we hadn’t had a chance to get together for ages.
Her wedding ceremony took place at The Sum Villa, located near West Lake. It was decorated impressively with a lot of lights, candles and flowers around the room. There were three glamorous wedding photo albums, showing tables right at the centre of the official gate. The principal colours were likely to be white and violet, so all the guests were requested to wear clothes with one or both of these colours. Personally, I wore a white dress with small accessories.
It was meant to be a casual wedding, which I had never attended before. It turned out to be refreshingly informal. One of the best moments that really touched me was when the bridegroom sang a song for the bride and all the guests sang along with him. Also, he made a photo clip by himself marking their 4-year romance, to show to everyone in the room. It was no surprise that everyone clapped their hands and cheered them. Of course, I was no exception.
It was also a good chance to catch up with my old friends and we all had a great time. We definitely made the most of the occasion and took a lot of pictures with the bride and the bridegroom. I gave my friend a gift to celebrate her wedding day. I had given much thought to my wedding present when I was choosing it, and I wished her lots of happiness for the future.
- hold: [verb] have a meeting/conversation/party/wedding/event.
Example: The next Olympic Games will be held in Brazil.
- close to: [expression] knowing someone well and liking them very much. Example: She has always been close to her grandparents and often visits them.
- at all costs: [expression] whatever is needed to achieve something.
Example: I knew that, at all costs, I had to catch the last train home.
- for ages: [expression] for a long time.
Example: I waited for ages to speak to the doctor.
- decorate: [verb] make something more attractive.
Example: Her living room is always decorated with flowers.
- glamorous: [adjective] especially attractive and exciting.
Example: When my sister was young, she wanted to have a glamorous job, like a model or a film actress.
- albums: [noun] a book in which you keep photographs.
Example: All of my parent’s photographs are still in the family photo albums in my drawer.
- accessories: [noun] things like belts or bags, which you carry to match your clothes.
Example: The shop sells only fashion accessories, and my friend buys all her bracelets there.
- bridegroom: [noun] a man on his wedding day.
Example: The bridegroom was very nervous during the wedding ceremony.
- bride: [noun] a woman on her wedding day.
Example: The bride wore a very beautiful white dress.
- romance: [noun] a relationship between two people who are in love.
Example: Romeo and Juliet is a play about the romance of two young lovers.
- clapped their hands: [expression] hit their open hands together, to show that they liked or enjoyed something.
Example: At the end of the fantastic show, all the audience clapped their hands.
- cheer: [verb] to shout loudly, to show support or to encourage someone.
Example: The crowd cheered when Barcelona scored the winning goal.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Get IELTS Band 9 In Writing Task 1 Data Charts and Graphs (Ebook) - August 29, 2017
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 – Process & Sample Answers - August 2, 2017
- IELTS Writing Actual Tests in 2013 & Band 8.0+ Sample Essays - August 1, 2017