Using Academic Collocation List for IELTS to Boost your IELTS Score to Band 8.0+
The Academic Collocation List (ACL) covers 2,469 most frequent and pedagogically relevant lexical collocations in written academic English. The development involved four stages:
- Use Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: danger
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: condition
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Attitude
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Apology
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Answer
- refinement of the data-driven list based on quantitative and qualitative parameters;
- computational analysis of the corpus;
- expert review;
By highlighting the most important cross-disciplinary collocations, the ACL can help learners increase their collocational competence and thus their proficiency in academic English. Besides, using this list, IELTS students can improve their IELTS Speaking & Listening skills, thereby hiking up their IELTS scores to Band 8.0+
We would like to send heartfelt thanks to Professor Douglas Biber, and Bethany Gray for conducting the computational analysis of the source corpus. Their contributions are sincerely appreciated & gratefully acknowledged.
We express our deep sense of gratitude to Andrew Roberts for conducting the validation study of the Academic Collocation List.We also take this opportunity to record our sincere thanks to the members of the expert panel: David Crystal, Geoffrey Leech, Diane Schmitt, Della Summers, and Professor Lord Randolph Quirk.
Finally, we would also like to acknowledge with gratitude, valuable advice & support from Mike Mayor, and Chris Fox, as well as John H.A.L. De Jong.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Newspapers & Sample Essay - June 25, 2017
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 & Band 8.5 Discursive Essay - June 23, 2017
- IELTS Writing Test (Task 1, 2) in 2017 & Sample Answers - June 20, 2017