You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
The bar chart below shows the production of the world’s oil in OPEC and non-OPEC countries.
Write a short report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 23 – Bar Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 22 – Bar Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 21 – Pie Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 18 – Pie Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 17 – Bar Graph
Write at least 150 words.
The graph gives past, present and future data concerning the production of world’s oil on OPEC and non-OPEC countries. The figures indicate that while the production of oil in Middle Eastern OPEC countries is predicted to increase considerably, oil production elsewhere is likely to fall.
Between 1980 and 2000, most of the world’s oil came from non-OPEC countries; only two million barrels per day were produced by OPEC countries. Since then, these figures have changed considerably. Between 2000 and 2010 it is predicted that approximately 10 million barrels will come from Middle Eastern OPEC countries, while a further 10 million barrels will be provided by other OPEC or non-OPEC countries.
Although forecasters predict that oil production is likely to stabilise between 2010 and 2020, a lot more of this oil is expected to come from the Middle Eastern OPEC countries, and under 5 million barrels per day from other areas.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Task 1 in September 2016 & Sample Answer - October 23, 2016
- Advanced Grammar for IELTS: Gradable & Ungradable Adjectives - October 10, 2016
- Advanced Grammar for IELTS: Common Adverb+Adjective Collocations - October 9, 2016