You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 23 – Bar Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 22 – Bar Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 21 – Pie Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 18 – Pie Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 17 – Bar Graph
The table shows the worldwide market share of the mobile phone market for manufactures in the years 2005 and 2006.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.
Worldwide Mobile phone Sales in 2005 & 2006 (% share of market)
|Company||2005 % Market share||2006 % Market share|
The table gives information on the market share of mobile phone manufactures for two consecutive years, 2005 and 2006.
In both years, Nokia was clearly the market leader, selling 32.5% of all mobile phones in 2005, and slightly more (35%) in 2006. This is a greater market share than its two closest competitors, Motorola and Samsung, added together.
Motorola increased its market share from 17.7% in 2005 to 21.1% in 2006. In contrast, Samsung saw its share of the market decline slightly from 12.7% to 11.8%.
The other companies listed each had a much smaller share of the market. Sony Ericsson’s share increased from 6.3% in 2005 to 7.4% in 2006 whereas L.G decreased slightly from 6.7% to 6.3%. BenQ Mobile’s share more than halved from 2005 to 2006; from 4.9% of the market to only 2.4%.
Other mobile phone manufactures accounted for 19.2% of the market in 2005- more than all the companies mentioned except Nokia. However, in 2006 the other companies only made 16.2% of mobile phone sales- less than both Nokia and Motorola.
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
p style=”text-align: right;”>Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Reading Practice Test 23 - December 7, 2016
- IELTS Writing Task 2 – Topic: Education & Band 8.0 Sample Argumentative Essay - December 7, 2016
- Ten food idioms that are right under your nose to help score Band 8.0+ - December 6, 2016