The pie chart below shows the proportion of different categories of families living in poverty in UK in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 23 – Bar Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 22 – Bar Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 18 – Pie Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 17 – Bar Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 12 – Table
Proportion of people from each household type living in poverty
The pie chart examines the different type of families who were living in poor conditions in UK in the year 2002.
As an overall trend, 14% of the entire households in UK at that time were in conditions of poverty. In general, single people struggled more than couples.
In particular, as far as people with children are concerned, sole parents showed the highest percentage of 26% among all the given categories while couples with children accounted for a relatively smaller percentage of 15%.
When it comes to people with no children, single people made up a large percentage of 24%, which is almost the same figure for single people with children. On the other hand, only 9% of the couples without any children suffered from poverty in 2002. In terms of aged people, singles had a slightly higher percentage than couples. Only 7% and 5% of the aged population had hardships in their living circumstances.
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
p style=”text-align: right;”>Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test in November 2016 & Model Essay - November 23, 2016
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in July 2016 & Band 8.0+ Sample Argumentative Essay - November 17, 2016
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in June 2016 & Band 8.0+ Sample Cause/Solution Essay - November 16, 2016