IELTS Material Resources – Writing Task 1 Topic 22:
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 23 – Bar Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 21 – Pie Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 18 – Pie Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 17 – Bar Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 12 – Table
The bar charts below give information about the railway system in six cities in Europe.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.
The bar charts illustrate comparable information related to railway systems in six capital cities in Europe; Paris, Stockholm, Lisbon, Rome, Madrid and Berlin.
In general, railway systems in different cities vary in terms of the start dates of each system, the sizes, and the numbers of passengers using the systems in a year.
As far as the ages are concerned, Paris has the oldest railway system among the six cities. It was opened in the year 1863, which is incomparable to the other cities. On the other hand, Berlin has the newest railway system which was opened in Europe 2001.
In terms of the sizes, Paris, for certain, has the longest route, 394km, which is nearly twice the figure for Stockholm. Madrid, in contrast, has the shortest route in its railway system, only 28km.
When it comes to the numbers of people using the railway system in each, Lisbon shows the largest number of 1927 million passengers in a year while Madrid serves the smallest number of railway users, 45 millions.
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Advanced Grammar for IELTS: Gradable & Ungradable Adjectives - October 10, 2016
- Advanced Grammar for IELTS: Common Adverb+Adjective Collocations - October 9, 2016
- Grammar for IELTS: Advanced Comparison for IELTS Writing to Get Band 7.5 or Higher - October 8, 2016