The bar chart below give information about five countries spending habits of shopping on consumer goods in 2012. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 41 – Line Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 40 – Bar Chart
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 39 – Table
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 38 – Line Graph
- Sample Essay for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic 37 – Bar Chart
Write at least 150 words.
The chart compares the spending habits of shoppers in five European countries on six consumer products, namely console games, outdoor game accessories, cosmetics, books, toys and camera. Overall, more money was spent on the latter two than on any other product.
It can be observed that in Britain, the highest amount of money was spent on camera (more than 160 million pounds), while similar amounts were spent on console games and outdoor game accessories. The Austrian spent the second highest amount of money on the first three products while they stood last in the latter three. It is also revealed that Spanish spent more money on toys than on any other product (a bit less than £150 million), but they also paid a lot for camera. Finally, Belgian spent the least overall, having similar spending figures for all 6 products compared in the bar chart.
To sum up, the British were the biggest spenders in all six categories among the nations compared in the bar chart while the lowest spending levels were attributed to the residents of Belgium.
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Task 2 – Topic: Education & Band 8.0 Sample Argumentative Essay - December 7, 2016
- Ten food idioms that are right under your nose to help score Band 8.0+ - December 6, 2016
- IELTS Writing Actual Tests (Task 2) in 2015 & Model Essays - December 5, 2016