You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.
- IELTS WRITING PRACTICE TEST 18 & BAND 8.0 SAMPLE ANSWER
- IELTS Writing Practice Test 17 & Band 8.0 Sample Essay
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (November, 2015) & Band 9.0 Samples
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (October, 2015) & Band 9.0 Sample
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Discursive Essay of Band 8.0 – Topic: Health
Write about the following topic:
Many people say that the only way to guarantee a good job is to complete a course of university education. Others claim that it is better to start work after school and gain experience in the world of work.
How far do you agree or disagree with the above views?
Give reason for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Write at least 250 words.
MODEL ESSAY 01:
The education is the backbone of a country’s future, while a good job is the key factor for a better life. This topic is of particular importance because it affects everyone’s life. This essay will discuss whether the pupils should complete their higher education or to start work after school.
On the one hand, university education is mandatory to get some type of jobs. By this I mean that, people who choose to become a doctor, pharmacist, engineer, pilot etc. are required to complete their degrees before they can be able to get a job, because this type of jobs need specialized knowledge before starting the career. For illustrations, General Medical Counsel in the UK accepts only doctors who completed their degree and passed some predefined exams to start career as a doctor. In this instance, obviously, it would be better to complete the required university level degree first.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Task 1 in September 2016 & Sample Answer - October 23, 2016
- Advanced Grammar for IELTS: Gradable & Ungradable Adjectives - October 10, 2016
- Advanced Grammar for IELTS: Common Adverb+Adjective Collocations - October 9, 2016