IELTS Writing Actual Test & Band 9.0 Discursive Essay – Topic: Education for Children
Some people think that schools should reward students who show the best academic results, while others believe that it is more important to reward students who show improvements. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Career & Sample Essay
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in Sydney, Australia – December, 2016 & Sample Answers
- IELTS Writing Task 2 – Topic: Education & Band 8.0 Sample Argumentative Essay
- IELTS WRITING 2 PRACTICE TEST 28 AND BAND 8.0+ SAMPLE ANSWER
- IELTS WRITING 2 PRACTICE TEST 25 & BAND 8.0 SAMPLE ANSWER
Band 9.0 Sample:
Giving encouragement is a necessary practice in every education system. In some countries, a form of awards is often given to those who achieve the highest level of academic attainment, but this is not the most desirable solution, as will now be discussed.
There are those who argue that students with the best academic results should be rewarded. The core of this argument is that this may encourage students to study hard for the best grade, and that those who excel at academic performances should be praised for their efforts. However, only some students who are very smart can be able to come top in formal exams while normal students may think that they are incapable of competing with more intelligent students at all. Therefore, slow students might feel reluctant to bury themselves in study to achieve higher scores.
However, I side with those who believe that schools should reward those who endeavour to study and make great improvements in the educational environment. For example, when I was a child, I often received a small gift from my parents once I scored higher than I did in the previous exam. I still remember that this did make significant contributions to my study and helped me to progress fast in the classroom. Thus, it is suggested that schools take the same action to encourage students to learn. For instance, teachers can simply pay a compliment as the recognition of the efforts that students make during the semester.
In conclusion, it seems to me that schools should reward those who make academic improvements rather than those who score highest in the exam.
Useful Vocabulary & Expressions:
- Attainment: something that you achieved ==>a young woman of impressive educational attainments.
- To excel at smth: to be very good at doing something ==>She has always excelled in foreign languages.
- To be incapable of doing smth
- To endeavour: to try very hard to do something ==>The buyer should always endeavour to negotiate terms.
- To pay a compliment: compliment on somebody/something
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS WRITING TASK 1 IN 2017 WITH SAMPLE ANSWERS - November 29, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Aging Population & Model Answers - November 29, 2017
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in November 2017 & Model Answers - November 25, 2017