IELTS Writing Actual Test in August, 2015 & Band 9 Sample Argumentative Essay – Topic: Criminal
Some people who have been in prison become good citizens later. Some people think that having these people to give a talk to school students is the best way to tell them about dangers of committing a crime. Do you agree or disagree?
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 – Topic: Health (October, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Essay
- AcademicIELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (in September, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Essay
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (in July, 2015) & Band 9.0 Argumentative Essay
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (in May, 2015) & Band 9.0 Sample
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in March, 2016 & Band 9.0 Sample Argumentative Essay
Band 9.0 Sample:
Crime education is of paramount importance in any country, but the way it can be conducted is often a subject of debate in society. While I agree that asking those who are released from prison to have a talk to school students is a good education method, I also believe that there are better alternatives to the problem, as will now be discussed.
On the one hand, I agree that students may be aware of the consequences of engaging in criminal activities when attending a talk given by ex-prisoners. Their life stories are often vivid and persuasive, and this can attract the attention of school students easily. These ex-criminals are real examples that people have to pay for their unlawful activities, which can raise awareness about law-abiding citizens among young people. The success of a series of educational programs on Vietnamese Television channels about the price that offenders have to pay proves that the narrative forms of crime education can work. It is hoped that a speech of used-to-be wrongdoers is promoted at all school levels in future.
However, I believe that a combination of different education methods would produce a more desirable result compared to a former prisoner holding a talk. Primarily, parents should act as pioneers to educate children at an early age about social evils and how to avoid them. It has long been acknowledged that the home environment has a profound effect on the development of a child, and a significant percentage of juvenile crime stems from insufficient education criminals receive in their childhood. Teachers at schools also play an important role in raising the awareness of students about crime. Moral lessons ought not to be neglected in the classroom, and a positive education environment should be promoted, contributing to crime prevention.
In conclusion, it is my opinion that a talk given by ex-offenders, albeit effective, is not the best education method for crime education.
- To engage in something: to take part in something; to make somebody take part in something
==>Even in prison, he continued to engage in criminal activities.
- Vivid: producing very clear pictures in your mind
==>a wonderfully vivid imagination.
- Narrative: describing events or telling a story. ==>a narrative poem.
- Wrongdoer: a person who does something dishonest or illegal
==>Most people believed that wrongdoers should be made to suffer.
- A profound effect:
==>Ms has a profound effect on his students’ writing style.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Newspapers & Sample Essay - June 25, 2017
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 & Band 8.5 Discursive Essay - June 23, 2017
- IELTS Writing Test (Task 1, 2) in 2017 & Sample Answers - June 20, 2017