Advanced Vocabulary for IELTS 7.0 – 8.0 – 9.0: THE BUSINESS WORLD – Practice Exercises and Answer Key ( Part 3)
THE BUSINESS WORLD ( PART 3)
- Advanced Vocabulary for IELTS 7.0 – 8.0 – 9.0: EMPLOYMENT (Part 1)
- Advanced Vocabulary for IELTS 7.0 – 8.0 – 9.0: THE BUSINESS WORLD ( Part 2)
- Advanced Vocabulary for IELTS 7.0 – 8.0 – 9.0: THE BUSINESS WORLD ( Part 1)
- Advanced Vocabulary for IELTS 7.0 – 8.0 – 9.0: THE WORLD OF POLITICS (Part 3)
- Advanced Vocabulary for IELTS 7.0 – 8.0 – 9.0: THE WORLD OF POLITICS (Part 2)
Choose a word from the box to fit in each gap below. You should use each word once only.
|intangible gagging nest learning labour
insider golden passing sleeping inheritance
hyper pyramid majority hush stamp
- It is a steep _______ curve, but you are expected to climb it without someone having to hold your hand all the way; you must be quick to catch on to succeed in this company.
- The job was quite ___________ intensive, which is what brought the cost up from the original estimate.
- He was paid some _________ money in return for his public silence on the issue of who the child’s mother was.
- He invested in the company as a __________ partner, leaving the running of the business entirely in the hands of the other owners.
- It was exposed as a ___________ scheme and he was arrested on the charge of misappropriating some £6 million in total.
- The _____________ trade in this area is quite strong, which is just as well because there is not enough local business to sustain a service station round here.
- He had built up a considerable ___________ egg for himself by the time of his retirement.
- The couple were exempt from paying ____________ duty on their house purchase as the home’s value did not exceed the threshold of £250,000.
- He strongly refutes the charge of ___________ trading and claims that he is a victim of his own success.
- The judge issued a ___________ order to prevent the witness releasing a statement to the press.
- He secured a ___________ interest in the company when his brother died as the latter’s shares passed to him.
- He was given a _________ handshake to ensure that he would leave his post without incident.
- Naturally, you will be liable for _________ tax if you stand to gain to the tune of £ I million or more from the proceeds of your father’s will.
- The phenomenon of ___________ inflation is seldom an issue outside of wartime, during which it is nearly impossible to avoid.
- Goodwill is one of the most significant ___________ assets found on this company’s balance sheet.
Match the following words/phrases in Column A with the words/phrases of similar meaning in Column B.
|Column A||Answer||Column B|
(i) sole trader
(k) unemployment benefit
(vii) working class
(x) market player
(xi) leave of absence
Now complete the sentences below using words/phrases from Column B. You will not need to use all the words/phrases.
- He has been drawing the _________ for well over a year now so his employment prospects must surely be diminishing by the day.
- The Russian oil __________ has bought a majority share in another of the Premiership’s top football clubs.
- ____________ has exceeded income for the third successive quarter – soon we will have serious cash-flow issues.
- She has taken a _________ in order to spend some time caring for her terminally ill partner.
- This quarter has been a(n) ____________ one for new-car sales, which have risen by 25%.
- If the company is ____________ as you speculate then it is only a matter of time before it will miss one of its repayments.
- leave of absence
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Editor (see all)
- Common Idioms to Improve Your IELTS Score – Topic : Knowledge and understanding - March 29, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary for IELTS 7.0 – 8.0 – 9.0: EMPLOYMENT (Part 1) - March 28, 2017
- Advanced Grammar for IELTS: Emphatic structures and inversion - March 27, 2017