Analogy – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Analogy: (Noun) /əˈnæl.ə.dʒi/
Something that seems similar between two situations, processes etc.
Correlation, Parallel, Resemblance.
With adjective: close/good analogy.
With verb: draw/find/make/use analogy.
For IELTS Speaking:
“A close analogy with the art of singing can be made here.”
“I have used the analogy of the structure of a document to describe the basis of the curriculum.”
For IELTS Writing:
” We may draw an analogy between geriatrics and paediatrics, another age-based medical specialism.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: analogy, refine, scenario, inherent, overlap, confined, distorted, temporary, mediate, ceased.
- Czechs and Slovaks share a common national history that began after World War One, and _______________ with the creation of two separate republics in 1993.
- The water _______________ the size of the fish, so they looked enormous.
- The United Nations has been working to _______________ the peace talks between the countries involved in the conflict.
- The will to survive is _______________ in all living creatures.
- We need to hire some _______________ office help during this busy time.
- We can’t watch both the movie and the hockey game on television tonight because the two programs _______________.
- She shows a lot of promise as a violinist, but she needs to _______________ her technique somewhat.
- My cousin has written a _______________ for a movie, and it has just been sold to a major Hollywood producer.
- Economic activity in Mali is mainly _______________ to the area irrigated by the Niger River.
- There can be no _______________ to a nuclear war: it is totally beyond all human experience and comprehension.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017