Astounding – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Astounding: (Adjective) /əˈstaʊndɪŋ/
so surprising that it is almost impossible to believe
Surprising, Extraordinary, Amazing
For IELTS Speaking:
“But Christopher was playing happily in hospital last night after making an astounding recovery.”
“One of them constructed the astounding rock-hewn churches at Lalibela.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Webster’s try midway through the first half was well-taken coming on the end of an astounding burst by prop Huw Williams-Jones.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: coincidence, integral, converse, militarized, unification, insubordination, unrestrained, portion, erosion, assurances .
- The economic _______________ of Europe has brought about a higher level of overall prosperity.
- The private was called before the general, and severely reprimanded for _______________ after questioning an officer’s command.
- Despite repeated _______________ that they would never raise taxes, the government increased personal income taxes within a year of being elected.
- Scientists tell us that due to _______________, Niagara Falls will disappear in 22,800 years.
- Making mistakes is an _______________ and essential part of the learning process.
- It was quite a _______________ that my neighbour and I both went to Disneyland on the same day.
- The opposition has been _______________ in its criticism of the government’s economic policy.
- The boy threw out his arm at __________________ speed and touched her face.
- Certain parts of the city are _______________ zones which only authorized personnel can enter.
- Many women and children in the north of Sudan spend a large _______________ of their day finding enough water to keep themselves and their animals alive.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017