Be Back To Square One – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- Common Idioms to Improve Your IELTS Score – Topic : Knowledge and understanding
- Bring Something To Bear – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS
- Be Out Of Element – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking & Writing
- Live And Breathe Something – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS
- Delusions Of Grandeur – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking & Writing
have to work on a plan from the beginning again because a previous attempt failed and the progress made was wasted ( A chess board has 64 squares on it )
“Software engineers now have to be back to square one because of the failure of the design of the Redray software.“
” Negotiations have broken down, and it’s back to square one.“
“We lost our appeal of the lower court decision, so back to square one.“
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
” The investigation was __________________ when Mrs. Earle proved she wasn’t anywhere nearthe crime..”
A. run out of patience
B. going out like a light
C. back to square one
D. sitting on the fence
- Describe the failure you have had. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– When it happened
– What the failure was
– How did you feel when you failed
And explain how you overcame it
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017