Be The Spitting Image Of Someone – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- Common Idioms to Improve Your IELTS Score – Topic : Knowledge and understanding
- Bring Something To Bear – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS
- Be Out Of Element – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking & Writing
- Live And Breathe Something – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS
- Delusions Of Grandeur – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking & Writing
to look exactly like someone, to be a perfect likeness of another person. Also said as “be the spit and image of someone”
“She is the spitting image of her grandmother. They look exactly alike!“
“It is amazing. He is the spitting image of his uncle.“
“Many people said that I was the spitting image of my father that makes me feel very proud.“
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
” Sometimes my friends can’t distinguish between me and my younger brother. He is __________________“
A. keep my nose to the grindstone
B. the spitting image of me
C. crack the book
D. a hard nut to crack
- Describe your family member that you are very alike. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– Who he or she is
– What he or she looks like
– Do you like to talk with him or her? Why?
And explain why you think you are very alike him or her
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017