Be Your Bread And Butter – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
be an activity or job you do to get the money you need
“Actually, working as an accountant is my bread and butter although I don’t love it very much. I like to be a dancer.”
“Nowadays, the university graduates feel difficult to find their bread and butter because the labour market is so harshly competitive. “
“Jack needs to find his bread and butter as soon as possible; he has been being all out money for 3 weeks”
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
“Taxi-driving is _____________ though he also writes music”
A. on a knife of edge.
B. his bread and butter.
C. having egg on his face.
D. at a push .
- Describe the first job you have done to get money. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– What was the kind of job ?
– When did you take a job ?
– What did you do during this time ?
– And how did you feel when you received your first salary ?
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Impeccable – Word Of The Day For IELTS - December 11, 2016
- Garnish – Word Of The Day For IELST - December 10, 2016
- Hit The Nail Right On The Head – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - December 10, 2016