Camouflage – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Camouflage: (Verb) /ˈkæməflɑːʒ/
to hide something, especially by making it look the same as the things around it, or by making it seem like something else.
Hide, Conceal, Cover up, Disguise
Camouflage something with something
For IELTS Speaking:
“Before going amongst outlandish strangers, it may be sensible to camouflage oneself.”
“He had one of those poor beards, the kind that camouflage a slack jaw.”
“It had been perfectly camouflaged, with its ears pulled back and its white flanks hidden by a furtive crouch.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Experienced researchers are wise to all the tricks used to camouflage a poorly prepared document, so do not encourage criticism.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: evidence, constitutes, identify, occurred, issue, derived, theorists, process, assumed, sector.
- It is important to learn a _______________ which will help you to guess the meaning of new vocabulary from context.
- Many words in English are _______________ from French.
- The accident _______________ about 9:00 this morning.
- An important _______________ under discussion in the world of sport today is the participation of professional athletes in the Olympic Games.
- If you ______________ your filter remember to allow easy access for regular maintenance.
- The police freed a suspected murderer because they didn’t have enough _______________ to charge him.
- When you didn’t come to work I just _______________ that you were sick.
- The woman was unable to _______________ the man who stole her purse because it had been too dark at the time of the robbery.
- Canada’s aboriginal population _______________ a small but important part of our country.
- Many _______________ now believe that vocabulary development is even more important than grammar study for second language learners.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!