Coincidence – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Coincidence: (Noun) /kəʊˈɪnsɪd(ə)ns/
When two things happened at the same time, in the same place, or to the same people in a way that seems surprising or unusual.
sheer, pure, mere, happy, lucky, fortunate, unfortunate, strange, curious, remarkable, amazing, extraordinary coincidence.
For IELTS Speaking:
“By coincidence, Jane and I both study at a University of Economics.”
“It was sheer coincidence that we were staying in the same hotel.“
For IELTS Writing:
“It was a coincidence that three earthquakes happened across the world in one week.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: coincidence, integral, converse, militarized, unification, insubordination, unrestrained, portion, erosion, assurances .
- The economic _______________ of Europe has brought about a higher level of overall prosperity.
- The private was called before the general, and severely reprimanded for _______________ after questioning an officer’s command.
- Despite repeated _______________ that they would never raise taxes, the government increased personal income taxes within a year of being elected.
- Scientists tell us that due to _______________, Niagara Falls will disappear in 22,800 years.
- Making mistakes is an _______________ and essential part of the learning process.
- It was quite a _______________ that my neighbour and I both went to Disneyland on the same day.
- The opposition has been _______________ in its criticism of the government’s economic policy.
- The old woman claims to _______________ regularly with beings on another planet.
- Certain parts of the city are _______________ zones which only authorized personnel can enter.
- Many women and children in the north of Sudan spend a large _______________ of their day finding enough water to keep themselves and their animals alive.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017