Consequence – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Consequence: (Noun) /ˈkɒnsɪkw(ə)ns/
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
- Increase Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: response
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: circumstances
something that happens as a result of a particular action or set of conditions.
Result, Outcome, Repercussions
With adjective: adverse/ dire/ direct/ disastrous/ economic/ environmental/ financial/ important/ inevitable/ likely/ necessary/ negative/ possible/ practical/ social consequence
With verb: consider/ face/ suffer consequence
For IELTS Speaking:
“Many believe that poverty is a direct consequence of overpopulation.”
“He ate some poisonous mushrooms, with fatal consequences.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Marriage has social and economic consequences that extend beyond two people.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: consequences, commissioned, distinct, journalism, positive, focus, text, secure, affected, regions.
- Make sure you _______________ the boat with a good rope or it will float away.
- On November 3rd, 1507, the great Leonardo DaVinci was _______________ to paint the portrait that is known today as the Mona Lisa.
- We went on a wonderful tour of the wine-producing _______________ of British Columbia last summer.
- His outlook on life became much more _______________ once he found a job, and began getting a regular salary.
- The centre of the planet Earth is believed to consist of two _______________ parts, with a liquid outer core surrounding a solid inner core.
- The children were greatly _______________ by the divorce of their parents.
- If mankind fails to address the problem of pollution, future generations will face the terrible _______________ of our inaction.
- Sue is planning to study _______________, and hopes to become a television news reporter.
- My photos didn’t turn out very well. I think my hand must have been shaking a little bit because they’re all out of _______________.
- The Internet can be used to access huge amounts of information in the form of _______________, graphics, sound, and video.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017