Crocodile Tears – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Authority and control
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Fear and Frustration
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Health, illness, and death
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Deception
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Starting and stopping
false or fake tears
“Peter fell down but did not hurt himself. He cried crocodile tears only because he wanted his dad to buy him something.”
“The child wasn’t really hurt, but she shed crocodile tears anyway”
” He thought he could get his way if he cried crocodile tears.“
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
” Political leaders shed _____________________ while allowing the war to continue.”
A. a bull in china shop
B. his bark is worse than his bite
C. a leopard cannot change its spots
D. crocodile tears
- Describe the childhood moment that you remember. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– When it happened
– Who was involved
– What did you do
And explain why you like or dislike this moment
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017