Cut Things Fine – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
Leave yourself only just enough time to do something.
“On the Math exam, students had to try their best to cut things fine because their teacher just gave them only 30 minutes to finish 10 questions.”
“I got to train station ten minutes before the train left. Thank God! I cut things fine.”
“After the test, she hopes she could cut things fine to finish the last paper.”
- The sentence given below contains an idiom. From the given alternatives, choose the one that best expresses the meaning of this idiom.
“I prefer getting to the station early, but Lee always cuts things fine“
A. Lee feels fine.
B. Lee goes to the station too early.
C. Lee allows himself very little time to go to the station.
D. Lee goes to the station too late.
- Describe the time when you have to hurry. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– When did it happen ?
– What did you do during this time ?
– How did you figure out from the situation ?
– And do you learn any lesson from this ?
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!