Decry – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Decry: (Verb) /dɪˈkraɪ/
to state publicly that you do not approve of something
Criticise, Blame, Condemn
For IELTS Speaking:.
“Loisel decried the election results.”
“Others may decry competitions for their tendency to emphasise technique over artistry, conformity over originality.”
For IELTS Writing:
“In organisations with scarce resources political activity is inevitable and only the naive decry it.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: achieve, obtained, decry, instituted, credit, residents, evaluated, assist, primary, site.
- If I can _______________ you in any way, please let me know.
- The government is looking for a _______________ on which to build a new school in this area.
- Firemen had to evacuate the elderly _______________ of a local nursing home after smoke was seen coming from one of the rooms.
- The English Program has _______________ many changes over the years in an attempt to provide an increasingly better program.
- Every employee’s work performance will be _______________ on a yearly basis.
- He _______________ a final mark of just over 80%.
- We have to give her a lot of _______________ for our success.
- The _______________ reason he has done so well at school is that he works incredibly hard.
- If you want to _______________ real progress in your speaking skills, you need to speak English as often as possible while you are here.
- And baseball will certainly have more critics ready to __________ well-heeled owners buying pennants.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017