Deduce- Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Deduce: (Verb) /dɪˈdjuːs/
To use the knowledge and information you have in order to understand something or form an opinion about it
Glean, Surmise, Conclude
Deduce from/ that
For IELTS Speaking:.
“From her son’s age, I deduced that her husband must be as least 60.”
“What did Darwin deduce from the presence of these species?”
For IELTS Writing:
“From this, it is deduced that the lexicon provides adequate but not complete coverage.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: valid, relies, excluded, locate, deduce, specify, initial, philosophy, convened, components.
- Psychologists have observed that most of the process of forgetting occurs soon after _______________ exposure.
- We didn’t have time to finish our discussion of the issue so an additional meeting will be _______________ tomorrow morning.
- The various _______________ are manufactured by different suppliers around the world and assembled in our factory in Mexico.
- My parking pass is only _______________ for another week.
- The police say the evidence to this point does not _______________ the possibility that the victim was murdered.
- Rescue forces have as yet been unable to _______________ the plane that crashed into the forest yesterday evening.
- He doesn’t have a car so he always _______________ on his friends to give him a lift when they go out.
- Western _______________ was largely founded on the writings of Plato and Aristotle.
- The detectives were able to _______________ valuable information about the killer through careful examination of the murder scene.
- The television report stated that many people had died, but didn’t _______________ the exact number.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017