Derive – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Derive: (Verb) /dɪˈrʌɪv/
- Use Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: danger
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: condition
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Attitude
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Apology
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Answer
To get something, especially an advantage or a pleasant feeling, from something
Acquire, Receive, Obtain
With adverb: directly derive
With noun: derive benefit/ comfort/ energy/ pleasure/ satisfaction/ value
For IELTS Speaking:
“Medically, we will derive great benefit from this technique.”
“Many students derived enormous satisfaction from the course”
For IELTS Writing:
“One consents to the establishment of a political society and its authority because of the benefits one will derive from its existence.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: evidence, constitutes, identify, occurred, issue, derived, theorists, process, assumed, sector.
- It is important to learn a _______________ which will help you to guess the meaning of new vocabulary from context.
- Many words in English are _______________ from French.
- The accident _______________ about 9:00 this morning.
- An important _______________ under discussion in the world of sport today is the participation of professional athletes in the Olympic Games.
- Jobs in the tourism _______________ have risen by over 5% this year.
- The police freed a suspected murderer because they didn’t have enough _______________ to charge him.
- When you didn’t come to work I just _______________ that you were sick.
- The woman was unable to _______________ the man who stole her purse because it had been too dark at the time of the robbery.
- Canada’s aboriginal population _______________ a small but important part of our country.
- Many _______________ now believe that vocabulary development is even more important than grammar study for second language learners.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017