Diligent – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Diligent: (Adjective) /ˈdɪlɪdʒənt/
someone who is diligent works hard and is careful and thorough
Industrious, Hard-working, Studious
For IELTS Speaking:.
“The book required ten years of diligent research.”
“Tony is a very diligent student.”
For IELTS Writing:
“They have a powerful cultural drive to achieve, which makes them extremely diligent, effective and reliable workers.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: achieving, obtained, compute, instituted, diligent, residents, evaluated, assisted, primary, site.
- She _______________ the doctor during the operation.
- World chess champion Gary Kasparov was recently beaten by a machine which was able to _______________ its moves almost instantly.
- Fire crews rushed to the _______________ of the plane crash.
- Calcium is the _______________ mineral needed for building and maintaining strong bones.
- The government has _______________ a couple of changes to the driver’s licensing procedure in an attempt to reduce the number of accidents involving new drivers.
- I know all of you are hardworking, __________ people, and I respect you for that.
- _______________ valid results is a major goal of all research.
- Teachers in the program are _______________ by the students at the end of each session.
- Vitamins are best _______________ through fresh fruit and vegetables, rather than by taking pills.
- Local _______________ are delighted with the new water park for children.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017