Discrete – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Discrete: (Adjective) /dɪˈskriːt/
- Use Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: danger
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: condition
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Attitude
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Apology
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Answer
With noun: discrete entity/ unit
For IELTS Speaking:.
“This is quite different to a group portrait, which is a well-defined, discrete entity that we can adopt unilaterally.”
“The structure now reflects the continuum rather than the discrete units we perceive.”
“They are an extension of his nuclear family but also a discrete entity.”
For IELTS Writing:
“The situation is different for native speakers of the language who automatically perceive the speech as being chopped up into discrete units.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: valid, discrete, excluded, located, deduce, specific, initially, philosophical, convened, component.
- Core and optional units do not have to be studied as ___________ units or in a set order.
- The world’s first female prime minister __________ came to power in Ceylon in 1960.
- By studying the handwriting, experts were able to __________ that the author of the ransom note was a left-handed Asian woman.
- Representatives of a number of countries __________ last month, and formalised agreements on free trade.
- The housing complex is conveniently __________ near a shopping plaza.
- We can describe most things in our environment at a variety of levels of abstraction, from very broad and general categories, to very narrow and __________ terms.
- The holiday message from the school principal __________ all references to religion.
- Research suggests that there is a strong, subjective __________ to the perception of beauty.
- My grandfather is very __________ about his illness; he certainly doesn’t want to die, but he says he has lived a long life, and isn’t afraid to go.
- My parking pass is only __________ for another week.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017