Distinct – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Distinct: (Adjective) /dɪˈstɪŋ(k)t/
clearly different or belonging to a different type
Dissimilar, Distinctive, Particular
With adverb: as/ entirely/ less/ more/ quite/ so/ very distinct
With noun: distinct advantage/ area/ category/ class/ form/ group/ impression/ kind/ lack/ society/ type/ species
For IELTS Speaking:
“The learning needs of the two groups are quite distinct from each other.”
“Cities have a distinct advantage over school and special districts.”
For IELTS Writing:
“The motivational system of a higher organism is complex, comprising several distinct types of mechanism expressed through differing behavioural means.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: consequences, commissioned, distinct, journal, positive, focus, text, secure, affected, regions.
- The local government has _______________ a study to see if it is worth trying to save some of the old historic buildings downtowns.
- The results of the experiment were published in an important chemistry _______________.
- You are trying to do too many things at once. It would be better to just _______________ on one thing in order to do it properly.
- His job doesn’t pay very well, but it is very _______________, so he doesn’t really want to give it up.
- In some _______________ of Canada, winter lasts more than half the year.
- He broke the law, and now he has to face the _______________ of his actions.
- Japan covers four _______________ climate zones, from the tropics of Okinawa to the snow country of the far north.
- Her brother has just tested _______________ for AIDS, so she is very upset.
- The professor’s lecture just repeated what is written in our assigned _______________.
- The economy of Canada has been _______________ a great deal by the Asian economic crisis.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017