Drown – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Drown: (Verb) /draʊn/
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
- Increase Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: response
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: circumstances
to die from being under water for too long, or to kill someone in this way
Sink, Douse, Flood
With adverbs: almost/ nearly drown
For IELTS Speaking:
“The first time, she almost drowned in the bathtub.”
“You washed your dinner down very well and, after, you almost drowned yourself in port.”
“Barbarossa’s death by drowning as described around 1250 in the Gotha manuscript of the Saxon Chronicle.”
For IELTS Writing:
“A man is saved from drowning only to be shaken to death by a derisive crowd.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: interpret, specific, data, formulas, principles, concept, drowned, area, role, establish.
- The _______________ of an arranged marriage is almost totally unknown in this country.
- The police have not yet been able to _______________ the cause of death for a man who was found floating in the river.
- The country covers a total _______________ of over 1,725 square kilometres.
- Jefferson has a largely defensive _______________ to play on the team, and is not known for scoring.
- We need an accountant to _______________ our financial statements.
- Under the Soviet system, the economy of Georgia was run on socialist _______________, such as public ownership of the means of production.
- Gasoline has no _______________ freezing point; it freezes at any temperature between -180 and -240 degrees Fahrenheit.
- We had to memorize about 20 different _______________ for the math test.
- She proved to be a pleasant soul whose husband had been ____________ at sea.
- Heinrich W. Brandes made the first weather map in 1815, based on _______________ gathered in 1783.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017