Exclude- Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Exclude: (Verb) /ɪkˈskluːd/
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: problem
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: person
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: occasion
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: memory
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: luck
To deliberately not include something or not allow someone to take part in something, especially in a way that seems wrong or unfair.
Omit, Leave out, Miss out
With noun: Analysis/ Area/ Benefit/ Clause/ Consideration/ Disease/ Evidence/ Group/ Liability/ Party/ Policy/ School/ Study
With verb: Feel/ Include/ Purport/ Seek
For IELTS Speaking:.
“The remaining students were excluded from the analysis.”
“In other words, women’s caring responsibilities are being used as a ground for excluding them from benefits.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Extending the rights of man to women is not just another expansion of the social contract to include another excluded group.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: valid, rely, exclude, locate, deduce, specify, initial, philosophy, convened, component.
- It is important to learn a process which will help you to _______________ the meaning of new vocabulary from context.
- The United Nations has _______________ a special meeting to deal with the conflict in the Middle East.
- We had a few _______________ problems that were soon worked out.
- Police are trying to _______________ a little girl who got separated from her parents while shopping.
- You must have a _______________ reason if you want to reschedule your test.
- Problem solving is a major _______________ of many science courses.
- The children are very mean to the little boy, and _______________ him from all their games.
- You can _______________ on Francis to do the job well; she is an excellent worker.
- We didn’t _______________ a time exactly, but we’ll probably meet at the restaurant around noon.
- My _______________ in life is to have fun, and enjoy myself without doing anything to hurt the people around me.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017