Facade – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Facade: (Noun) /fəˈsɑːd/
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: problem
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: person
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: occasion
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: memory
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: luck
- the front of a building, especially a large and important one
- a way of behaving that hides your real feelings
Exterior, Front, Veneer
With verb: maintain the facade
For IELTS Speaking:.
“Now the wise extra-mural department would doubtless maintain a facade of what appear to be voluntary committees.”
“At the same time, she remained a perfectionist, equally determined to present a flawless facade.”
“The facade of the building at least escaped from rigour.”
For IELTS Writing:
“The facade will be changed by the removal of the old canopy and the installation of an illuminated screen above the entrance.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: valid, relies, excluded, facade, deduce, specify, initial, philosophy, convened, components.
- Psychologists have observed that most of the process of forgetting occurs soon after _______________ exposure.
- We didn’t have time to finish our discussion of the issue so an additional meeting will be _______________ tomorrow morning.
- The various _______________ are manufactured by different suppliers around the world and assembled in our factory in Mexico.
- My parking pass is only _______________ for another week.
- The police say the evidence to this point does not _______________ the possibility that the victim was murdered.
- There was no expression on his face, just the blank skin __________ of hunger and tiredness.
- He doesn’t have a car so he always _______________ on his friends to give him a lift when they go out.
- Western _______________ was largely founded on the writings of Plato and Aristotle.
- The detectives were able to _______________ valuable information about the killer through careful examination of the murder scene.
- The television report stated that many people had died, but didn’t _______________ the exact number.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017