Feature – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Feature: (Verb) /ˈfiːtʃə/
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: problem
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: person
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: occasion
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: memory
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: luck
to include or show something as a special or important part of something, or to be included as an important part.
Trait, Factor, Character, Quality
With adverb: prominently/ strongly feature.
With noun: feature artist/ character/ concert/ exhibition/ menu/ program/ series/ site.
For IELTS Speaking:
“The exhibition features paintings by Picasso.”
“A study of language should feature in an English literature course.”
For IELTS Writing:
“This always included milk and green bananas, though the latter do not feature prominently on a wild orang’s menu.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: conclusions, resourceful, cultural, purchased, featured, investment, strategically, participation, categorise, acquisition.
- From the Queen’s _______________ of $6,000 in Columbus’s first voyage, Spain had a return of $1,750,000 in gold after only one century.
- Keith Folse has observed that second language learners see _______________ of vocabulary as their greatest source of problems.
- The former U.S.S.R. was made up of 15 republics with strong _______________ differences.
- Luxembourg is _______________ located between France, Germany and Belgium.
- Brent and I both looked at the same information, but came up with very different _______________ about how to solve the problem.
- The students did an exercise in which they had to _______________ the new vocabulary according to the part of speech.
- Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson were _______________ in four novels and 56 short stories written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- My mom was an amazingly _______________ person who could make almost anything we kids needed while we were growing up.
- The first animal _______________ for the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago was a bear cub, bought for $10 in 1874.
- In 1920, the first meeting of the Council of the League of Nations took place in Paris, but without the _______________ of the United States.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017