Garnish – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Garnish: (Verb) /ˈɡɑːrnɪʃ/
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: problem
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: person
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: occasion
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: memory
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: luck
to add something to food in order to decorate it
Decorate, Enhance, Trim
garnish something with something
For IELTS Speaking:.
“Ladle over the sauce, garnish with the fried pork and Sichuan peppercorns and serve at once.”
“Scatter the Mozzarella over the pizzas, then garnish with the chopped sun-dried tomatoes.”
“She garnished her built-up Trifle with strips of bright currant jelly, crystallised sweetmeats or flowers.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Garnish the salad with tropical fruits and sautéed wild mushrooms.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: maximise, remove, sufficient, coordinate, framework, demonstrated, volume, garnish, consent, physical.
- The Red Cross is trying to _______________ relief efforts aimed at aiding the victims of Sunday’s earthquake.
- To _______________ profits, I suggest we reduce our unit price in order to sell a greater volume of product.
- Please _______________ your shoes when you come into the house.
- The curriculum guide provides a _______________ for new teachers to refer to when making lesson plans.
- You have to get your parents’ _______________ in order to come on the field trip to the lake.
- Recent research has _______________ a clear link between smoking parents and ear infections in children.
- To serve, __________ with onion or fresh cilantro.
- The best way to lose weight is to do regular _______________ activity.
- Two hours should be _______________ time to finish the work.
- Fresh apples float because 25 percent of their _______________ is air.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017