Hideaway – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Hideaway: (Noun) /ˈhaɪdəweɪ/
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: problem
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: person
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: occasion
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: memory
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: luck
a place where you can go when you want to be alone
For IELTS Speaking:
“Army regulations prohibit public displays of affection by soldiers, and private hideaways are hard to come by.”
“He had been surprised that they had discovered the Catherine Palace hideaway”
For IELTS Writing:
“His wife and children were released by immigration officials and taken to a secret hideaway.“
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: function, consist, estimate, method, involves, proceed, structure, assess, define, section.
- The test will _______________ of a series of true or false questions and two essay questions.
- The traditional family _______________ has undergone a great many changes in the last few decades, due to the increase in the divorce rate.
- The grammar notes appear in the back _______________ of the book.
- Attention passengers on flight 514 to Honolulu. Please _______________ to gate 33 where your plane is now boarding.
- I don’t think hitting children is a very effective _______________ of teaching them anything.
- We will use the first week of classes to _______________ your speaking ability.
- She began climbing, until she too reached the sorceress Zenaida’s _________ in the clouds.
- The _______________ of the heart is to pump blood throughout the body.
- His _______________ for the renovations to our house was $2,250.
- It can be quite difficult to clearly _______________ abstract ideas such as love or friendship.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017