Hierarchy – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Hierarchy: (Noun) /ˈhʌɪərɑːki/
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: problem
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: person
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: occasion
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: memory
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: luck
A system of organization in which people or things are divided into levels of importance.
With adjective: administrative/catholic/ecclesiastical/local/managerial/old/rigid/roman/social/strict/traditional hierarchy.
With verb: arrange/based/create/establish/flatten/form/move hierarchy.
For IELTS Speaking:
“He can afford to argue with the local hierarchy when the interests of his order require it.”
“Society was arranged in a dual hierarchy, of laymen and clergy.“
For IELTS Writing:
“When children are segregated by ability groups, a social hierarchy develops.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: intervene, voluntary, simulated, dispose, file, chemical, priority, thesis, hierarchy, converting.
- I don’t like to work overtime because my number one _______________ in life is to spend time with my children.
- We’ve just finished _______________ one of the bedrooms in our house into a playroom for the children.
- Nuclear power plants produce a lot of dangerous waste that they continually need to _______________ of.
- Abraham Maslow defined a _______________ of needs which motivate man’s behaviour.
- He did an analysis of the way children learn language for his Master’s _______________.
- At least 100,000 different _______________ reactions occur in the normal human brain every second.
- The government has so far refused to _______________ in the transit strike.
- Could you please _______________ these documents for me?
- Using virtual reality, doctors can experiment with new procedures on _______________ patients.
- The muscles make _______________ or in_______________ movement of the body possible.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017