Hoard – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Hoard: (Noun) /hɔːrd/
A collection of things that someone hides somewhere, especially so they can use them later
Cache, Backlog, Trove
Hoard of something
For IELTS Speaking:
“But since people sometimes tied money into the knot of a large kerchief, it also means a hoard of money.”
“And somewhere inside it, was the Presley hoard, or was going to be real shortly.”
“Nor can the hoards be closely related to the campaigns of the war.”
For IELTS Writing:
“The distribution of hoards might also be expected to reflect patterns of warfare and of wealth.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: functional, consisted, underestimate, methodical, involvement, proceed, structural, hoard, definition, sections.
- The power station should be fully _______________ by the end of the year.
- The boys’ suppers for the three days they went camping together _______________ of hamburgers, chocolate bars and potato chips.
- The government has said that construction of the factory will not be allowed to _______________ until changes are made to reduce the impact on the environment.
- The police have as yet no proof of his _______________ in the robbery.
- The building suffered significant _______________ damage during the earthquake.
- She is very slow and _______________ in her work, but she certainly does an excellent job.
- This was supposed to be a set of professional fence-building equipment, but actually looked like a ______________ of junk.
- The island of Cyprus is divided into two _______________: Greek and Turkish.
- Research shows that people usually _______________ the amount of time it will take them to learn a second language.
- According to anthropologists, there appears to be a universal _______________ of human beauty.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!