Home Away From Home – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Deception
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Starting and stopping
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Involvement and interest
- The most Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Honesty and fairness
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Anger and irritation
another house, city, town, state, or country where one visits so often that it’s almost like a second home; a place where one feels very comfortable
“Forrest visits us so often that we’ve become his home away from home.“
“Sue has made Mexico her home away from home. She stays there every winter.”
“I visit Chicago so often, it’s become a home away from home for me.”
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
“I have used to study a university in this city for 4 years. So, for me, this beautiful city is ____________________ “
A. keep my nose to the grindstone
B. the spitting image of me
C. my home away from home
D. a fair-weather friend
- Describe a place you want to live or visit. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– What a place is
– When you want to live or visit it
– What does a place have
And explain why you want to live or visit this place
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017