Hard Nut to Crack – Idiom of the Day for IELTS Speaking
Definition: a problem that is hard to solve or a person who is hard to understand
- Tom sure is a hard nut to crack. I can’t figure him out.
- This problem is getting me down. It’s a hard nut to crack.
Food Idioms Quiz
Choose the best meaning for the following idiom: A hard nut to crack
A. food difficult to digest
B. A difficult problem
C. Stale food
Try this multiple-choice quiz to check your understanding of idioms based on food and foods.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Newspapers & Sample Essay - June 25, 2017
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 & Band 8.5 Discursive Essay - June 23, 2017
- IELTS Writing Test (Task 1, 2) in 2017 & Sample Answers - June 20, 2017