Describe a special meal you have had
You should say:
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in Australia – April 2017 & Sample Answers
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 101 Topic: An age/stage you enjoyed most
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 100 Topic: Describe an ambition you have not achieved yet
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 99 Topic: Art or craft activity you did at school
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in Australia – May 2017 & Sample Answers
- where you had it;
- who you had it with;
- what you ate;
- and explain it was special for you
The most special meal I’ve ever had in my life was on my Dad’s birthday last year, which was prepared by all of my family members.
The idea was put forward by my sister. We planned to surprise him and prepare his favorite foods. On that day, my Mom cooked Pho, a Vietnamese beef noodles, while I baked a birthday cake for him. My siblings were in charge of decoration and music. Everything had been done properly a little bit earlier before he came home. When he opened the door, he was astonished because of seeing a colorful “Happy birthday Daddy” banner sticked on the wall in the living room. Standing in front, my mom gave him a bouquet of red roses, his favorite flowers. We enjoyed the scrumptious meal and shared our best memories with my Dad.
After washing dishes, we gathered together in the living room. My Dad made a wish and blew candles. He said in tears that he was over the moon and he was proud of us, his home and his family. We gave each other great hugs before going to sleep.
Put forward (phrasal verb) to offer an idea, opinion, reason etc
To be in charge of (adj) to take responsibility for Sth
To astonish (v) to fill with sudden and overpowering surprise or wonder; amaze
Bouquet (noun) a bunch of flowers
Scrumptious (adj) very delicious
Over the moon (idiom) very happy
FOR IELTS SPEAKING PART 3 QUESTIONS, you can check out our post on ieltsmaterial.com: IELTS Speaking Part 3 – Topic: A Special Meal
Related IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topic:
- Describe a special meal you would like to have in the near future.
You should say:
- what it is
- where it would be
- who you would invite
and say why this particular meal would be special.
2. Describe an outdoor meal you enjoyed.
- Where did it take place
- What was the occasion
- What did you eat and drink there
and explain whether you enjoyed it or not.
3. Describe a meal/dish or food item you know how to cook
- what ingredients are required to cook it
- where you learned it from
- how you cook this dish
and tell if this is an easy dish to cook or not.
4. Describe a meal/dinner that you had with your friends.
You should say:
- When and where you had the dinner
- Who you ate the dinner with
- What you ate
And explain how you felt with this dinner
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Test in April 2017 & Band 8.5 Sample Answers - May 12, 2017
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 103 – Topic: A special meal you have had - May 12, 2017
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 – Pie Charts & Band 8.5 Model Answers - May 11, 2017