IELTS Cue Card Topic:
Describe an advertisement you have seen/heard recently
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 75 – Topic: Describe a Game/ Sport
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 73 – Topic: Describe a Language
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 72 – Topic: Describe an Bike/ Car Trip
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 70 – Topic: Describe an Interesting Thing You Did
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 69 – Topic: Describe the Best Experience
You should say:
- When and where you saw it
- What was advertised
- What the contents of the advertisements were
- And explain how you felt about it
Band 8.0+ Sample Answer
We have been bombarded with an array of information every single day. Whether it is newspaper, television or social media like Facebook or LinkedIn, news always has their own way to reach us. One of the most frequent pieces of news I have encountered these past few days was about Echelon Vietnam 2016 – Discover Asia’s Next Dragon.
As an avid Facebook user, I scroll down my newsfeeds board practically every 30 minutes to stay abreast of every latest action within my social network. Admittedly, there are some better things I can do but I just can’t help myself. Therefore, the fact that Echelon Vietnam 2016 repeatedly popped up on my newsfeed really caught my attention. Some of my friends were already “interested” in Echelon official page, others were even “going”. It piqued my interest so much that I paid a visit to their website to figure out what their gig was. As far as I am concerned, Echelon Vietnam 2016 this November is a 2-day international technology and investment event for entrepreneurs and business leaders within and outside Vietnam. It is appealing not only to big tech companies but tech savvy individuals as well. The event aims to reach out to foreign investors, raising funding opportunities and developing the tech and startup community in Vietnam in the era where tech disruptions are leading almost every industry. With some of the most brilliant and world-class speakers, attendees are going to get some food for thought and inspiration during and after the event.
I personally believe that this could be a golden opportunity for Vietnam to shine as a promising land where young and talented engineers, developers and entrepreneurs are thriving non-stop toward a better future, a better life within Vietnam and beyond. If I am able to schedule my time and afford the tickets, I will definitely be there to enjoy the vibe and explore many potentials in this rising industry.
Vocabulary & Useful Expression
- be bombarded with: to be attacked (with too much information, criticism…)
- stay abreast of: keep up-to-date
- pique someone’s interest: to arouse interest; to arouse curiosity
- pay a visit to: visit somewhere
- what one’s gig is (informal): what is special, interesting… about something
- tech savvy (a): well informed about or proficient in the use of modern technology
- food for thought: issues to be considered
- vibe (n): a mood or an atmosphere produced by a particular person, thing or place
- tech disruptions: newest innovations in technology
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Alessa (see all)
- State-Of-The-Art – Word Of The Day For IELTS - April 27, 2017
- Aggravate – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking & Writing - March 17, 2017
- Bring Something To Bear – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - March 17, 2017