IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topic:
Describe an art and craft activity you did at school.
You should say:
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 107 – Topic: Describe a time you were friendly to someone you didn’t like
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 132 Topic: A positive experience when you were a teenager
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 105 Topic: A situation made you angry
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 101 Topic: An age/stage you enjoyed most
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 100 Topic: Describe an ambition you have not achieved yet
- when this happened
- what you did in the activity
- who you did it with
- and explain how you felt about this activity.
I remember when I was in secondary school, we had a sewing class. Our teacher asked us to make a pillowcase. Because I had never made any sewing things before, I thought it would be extremely tough to me. However, after asking for some advice from my grandmother, and with her help, of course, the task turned out to be not as hard as I expected. Actually, it was just a piece of cake to me.
As we had to make a small size, I decided to make a sofa pillowcase, which was square-shaped. Then I went out to buy materials like cloth, zipper, clew, needle, scissors and some decorative items. After that, I cut the cloth into three pieces as I had to put zipper on and began to sew under my grandmother’s instruction and finished it within 30 minutes. I made the case’s rim, and decorated the case by embroidering flowers and leaves on it. As it was the very first time I did such things, I drew flowers and leaves on the pillowcase first, then embroidered based on them with basic skills.
I managed to make a beautiful pillowcase after 3 hours, with the help from my grandma. Taking a look at my achievements, I was so happy and proud of myself. My teacher was extremely pleased with the thing I made, too.
- turn out to V: to be known or discovered finally and surprisingly
Ex: The truth turned out to be stranger than we had expected
- just a piece of cake: easy to sb to do sth
Ex: Making a hand made item is just a piece of cake to me
- embroider: to decorate cloth or clothing with patterns or pictures consisting of stitches that are sewn directly onto the material
Ex: I am embroidering this picture for my mother.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Expert (see all)
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 107 – Topic: Describe a time you were friendly to someone you didn’t like - September 8, 2017
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 106 – Topic: Describe a restaurant you like(to go to)/ that impresses you. - September 6, 2017
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 132 Topic: A positive experience when you were a teenager - June 7, 2017