|Audio Listening Practice Test 06|
SECTION 1 Questions 1-10
|Answer the question in ONE WORD. What’s the name of the detective? Example: Smith|
Complete the form below. Write ONE WORD OR A NUMBER for each answer.
|Witness’s family name||Jones|
|Given names||1. __________ Susan|
|Age||2. ________________years old|
|Address||3. 39 ___________Garden Terracc|
Complete the following sentence with NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS.
Mrs Jones looked at her watch because she wanted to be back home in time to make ___________.
Choose the correct letter, A-C.
Mrs Jones‘ height is
A. five feet four inches
B. five feet five inches
C. one hundred and twenty centimetres
Questions 7 and 8
Complete each of the following sentences with ONE WORD.
7. The British police now use the________system.
8. The man was wearing a__________ hat.
Questions 9 and 10
Choose TWO letters A-E.
- The man who ran out of the shop was
- definitely wearing a grey jacket
- wearing red and white basketball shoes
- wearing grey trousers
- wearing dark trousers
SECTION 2 Questions 11-20
Questions 11- 13
Choose the correct letters, A-C.
11. Robert Black’s talk will mostly be about__________.
- all the university resources
- resources for student welfare
- research facilities
12. The Student Services Department basic job is to help students________.
- study welt
- stay well
- enjoy their studies
13. Students will get depressed if they________.
- don’t manage time properly
- are Jess clever students
- are most hard-working students
Questions 14 and 15
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
Robert Black suggests that depressed students should talk to parents, 14____________. and 15.__________.
Answer the following question in NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS.
What office has a database of off-campus accommodation?__________________.
Questions 17 and 18
Complete the following sentence with NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
The green club works very closely with the 17._____________and 18.___________
Questions 19 and 20
Choose TWO letters, A-E.
The Student Health Centre __________.
- contains the Sports Medicinc Clinic
- is open from 9 a.m. to 6m. every day
- is between the fitness centre and the football stadium
- always has a nurse on duty
- provides free treatment for all students
SECTION 3 Question 21-30
complete the following sentence with THREE WORDS.
Sue’s father was an_________________.
Complete the form below. Write ONE WORD OR A NUMBER for each answer
| Wilbur Orville
Place of birth (state) 22…………………… Ohio
Questions 26 – 30
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer
26. What first got the Wright Brothers interested in flying ? A ________
27. What type of aircraft was the first one they made?_____________
28. Who thought they were crazy?_____________
29. On his first attempt to fly on December 14, 1903, what part of the plane did Wilbur make a mistake with?_______________
30. What part of the plane hit a hillside?_______________
SECTION 4 Questions 31-40
Choose ONE lettert A – C
The rate of deforestation worldwide is .
- one hectare a second
- more than 31 million hectares a year
- like losing an area of forest the size uf Poland every year
Write ONE WORD ONLY for your answer.
What do domesticated cereals regularly need from their wild relatives?_______
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for your answer.
List three types of ecosystem that the speaker says are very rich in plant and animal species.
Complete the following sentences. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
- The speaker says_______releases methane into the atmosphere.
The speaker says that after deforestation,________have more floods.
Coral is mainly being destroyed by eroded soil, warming sea water, chemical pollution, and____ .
Outdoor activities like birdwatching are examples of___________activities.
________have shown that forests are worth more as forests than they are as timber.
You can read IELTS Listening Practice Test 06 – Solution for the answer for this IELTS Listening Practice Test 06.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Task 2 – Topic: Education & Band 8.0 Sample Argumentative Essay - December 7, 2016
- Ten food idioms that are right under your nose to help score Band 8.0+ - December 6, 2016
- IELTS Writing Actual Tests (Task 2) in 2015 & Model Essays - December 5, 2016