IELTS CUE CARD 58
Describe a City you want to visit. You should say:
- Where is it?
- Why do you want to visit it?
- What do you know about this city?
BAND 8.0+ SAMPLE ANSWER
Honestly speaking, I have a myriad of destinations on my must – visit list around the world. However, if I have the opportunity to choose one city, I would probably pick London, which is one of the most prominent capitals around the globe. I guess the reason why I am desired to visit London has something to do with the fact that ever since I was a kid, I have always been amazed by how gorgeous and unique the architects in London are. There are also some interesting facts about London that I want to witness in real life. One of them is the fact about Big Ben tower. So far, many people see the tall clock tower and think that it is Big Ben. But in fact, Big Ben is actually a giant thirteen – ton bell inside the tower that is rung every two hours by a two hundred – kilogram hammer. The real name of the Bell is the Great Bell of Westminster. Besides Big Ben, lots of tourists also enjoy visiting Buckingham Palace, which is also extremely appealing to me since it is the home to the Queen of England. Watching the changing of the guard ceremony that takes place in front of the Palace’s gate certainly will give me lots of fresh feelings. Buckingham palace is also the second largest working palace in the world after Brunei’s Istana Nurul Iman. There are many other elements making London so tempting to me and pay this amazing city a visit in the future is one of the items in my wish – list.
- A myriad of something (expression): A large number of something
- Must – visit (slang): worth visiting
- Prominent (a): Famous
- Around the globe (expression): Around the world
- Be Desired to do ST (Adjective phrase): want to do something very much
- Amaze (v): surprise greatly
- Gorgeous (a): Stunning, beautiful
- Witness (v): See in the eyes
- Hammer (n): tool or device that delivers a blow (a sudden impact) to an object.
- Extremely (adv): very
- Appealing (a): attractive
- Tempting (a): attractive, appealing
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Thea (see all)
- IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD 65, TOPIC: A COUNTRY YOU HAVE VISITED - October 30, 2016
- IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD 64, TOPIC: A PERSON WHO CAN SPEAK A FOREIGN LANGUAGE - October 29, 2016
- IELTS WRITING 2 PRACTICE TEST 28 AND BAND 8.0+ SAMPLE ANSWER - October 28, 2016