IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD 59
Describe a TV program that inspires you a lot. You should say:
- What type of program it is?
- What is it about?
- How often you watch it?
- Is it popular in your country?
BAND 8.0+ SAMPLE ANSWER
Well I guess I could start – off by pointing something about the type of the program. Actually nowadays I don’t watch television that often but I used to be a couch potato in high school years. I remember sitting in front of the TV and channel surfed until I sound something interesting. One day, a documentary on Discovery Channel named “The Sacrifice of Genius” caught my entire attention. I really have to add that this program was a serial that consists of 10 episodes. It mainly emphasized on telling the sacrificing life stories of some well – respected scientists in the world such as Louis Pastuer and Marie Curie. By their great passion in researching, those incredible people had gone through so many adversities in order to devote themselves to science. With reference to how often I watched it, as far as I remember, this documentary was broadcasted every Thursday. I was so passionate about it that no matter how busy I was, I managed to watch the box at 9 pm on Thursday. Although it is a really interesting program, it was not very prevalent during that time. I guess this is because people are often more fond of entertaining programs, rather than academic ones. But after all, this program inspired me a lot and provoke my persistence sense especially when I encounter difficulties in life.
- Couch potato (idiom): a person who spend a great deal of time watching TV
- Channel surf (expression): change frequently from one channel to the other
- Catch someone’s attention (expression): attracts someone
- Emphasize (v): play special importance on something
- Adversity (n) Difficulty
- Broadcast (v): transmit by Radio or TV
- Passionate (a) have a strong feeling for something
- Watch the box (idiom): watch TV
- Provoke (v): stimulate something
- Encounter (v): meet or contend against
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Thea (see all)
- IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD 65, TOPIC: A COUNTRY YOU HAVE VISITED - October 30, 2016
- IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD 64, TOPIC: A PERSON WHO CAN SPEAK A FOREIGN LANGUAGE - October 29, 2016
- IELTS WRITING 2 PRACTICE TEST 28 AND BAND 8.0+ SAMPLE ANSWER - October 28, 2016