IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD 65
Describe a country you have visited
You should say:
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in Australia – May 2017 & Sample Answers
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 74 – Topic: Describe a Family Member
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 71 – Topic: Describe an Advertisement
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 70 – Topic: Describe an Interesting Thing You Did
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 69 – Topic: Describe the Best Experience
- Where is this country
- When did you visit it?
- What were the interesting things about this country
BAND 8.0 SAMPLE ANSWER
I suppose I should begin by highlighting the point of where this country is. In actual fact, the countries that I have visited so far can be counted on the fingers of one hand. Among those, India is the one that truly amazed me by many factors. India has a very long history, the country is very big and has the second largest population in the world. I guess this is why there are so much to see. For me, one of the most interesting places in India is The Ganges River, which is well – known as the longest and holiest river in India. While most rivers around the world are for recreation or sports, the Ganges has many other functions. As the Indians believe, that the river is holy, people come here to pray and wash themselves in its water. In addition, the river also has thousands of people who wash their clothes by beating them on rocks. The other thing that often impresses tourist is the unique architect of Hindu temples all over India and visitors can enter at any time. The temples are usually immense and have antique statutes that are thousands of years old. Visitors are also welcome to eat and sleep in the temples at night if they have no place to go. After all, I have to say that paying this beautiful country the second visit in future is one of the prioritized items on my bucket list.
- Highlight (v): to pick out and emphasize
- Count on the fingers of one hand (idiom): to express that ST is very scarce
- Amaze (v): surprise someone strongly
- Recreation (n): entertainment
- Holy (a): sacred
- Immense (a): very large
- Antique (a): old
- Pay a visit (expression): visit
- Prioritize (v): treat something as more important than the other things
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Thea (see all)
- IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD 65, TOPIC: A COUNTRY YOU HAVE VISITED - October 30, 2016
- IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD 64, TOPIC: A PERSON WHO CAN SPEAK A FOREIGN LANGUAGE - October 29, 2016
- IELTS WRITING 2 PRACTICE TEST 28 AND BAND 8.0+ SAMPLE ANSWER - October 28, 2016