Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (in March, 2015):
Nowadays, many families have both parents working. Some working parents believe other family members like grandparents can take care of their children, while others think childcare centres provide the best care. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Aging Population & Model Answers
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in October 2017 & Sample Answers
- IELTS Writing Actual Test & Model Answers – Topic: Environment
- IELTS Writing Task 2 – Topic: Work & Band 8 Sample
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in August 2017 & Model Answer – Topic: Subject
Model 9.0 Sample:
Currently, many parents tend to be busy working, and they need to rely on someone else to take care of their offspring. While some people think childcare organisations can offer the best care, I would argue that it is better for children to be looked after by their grandparents.
On the one hand, it is believed that youngsters should be sent to childcare centres for some reasons. The first one is that since those centres are professional organisations, their staff are often well trained and therefore have good babysitting skills. For example, when a child falls over and gets himself injured, a staff can react quickly and give him first aid. Furthermore, children can have a chance to make friends with their peers when coming there, which might increase their communication and language abilities. If they are looked after by their family at home, they might feel a bit lonely.
On the other hand, I believe it is a better idea for grandparents to take care of their grandchildren. Firstly, as grandparents have lived for many years and have brought up their own offspring, they have much experience in raising children. For instance, they might know how to calm the baby down when he cries. Secondly, grandparents are family members, so they love their grandchildren more than other people do. As a result, they tend to spend much more time and effort caring for their grandchildren compared to a childcare staff member. Finally, youngsters looked after by their grandparents are likely to become more family-oriented and appreciate the value of a happy family.
In conclusion, while there are some benefits of children being sent to childcare centres, I believe they should be raised by their own grandparents.
(287 words, by IELTS Teacher, Quang Thang)
- peer: a person who is the same age or who has the same social status as you
==>Children are worried about failing in front of their peers.
- effort: the physical or mental energy that you need to do sth
==>You should put more effort into your work.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Aging Population & Model Answers - November 29, 2017
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in November 2017 & Model Answers - November 25, 2017
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in October 2017 & Model Answers - November 21, 2017