IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic:
Students in schools and universities learn more from their teachers than through other means such as the Internet, libraries and TV. To what extent you agree or disagree?
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (November, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Answers
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (November, 2015) & Band 9.0 Samples
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in December, 2015 & Band 9.0 Cause/Solution Essay
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (December, 2015) & Band 9.0 Sample
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 – Topic: Health (October, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Essay
Band 8.5 Essay
There are many who prefer supplementary methods such as the TV, internet and books for enhancing their learning. However, teachers have, and always will be an inseparable part of the classroom. This essay shall advocate how the teachers provide more than just academic learning.
Graphical representation of the academic content always helps the students to grasp better. For example, learning about Geography and History from the Discovery channel, or reading articles about tricks to solve math problems on the internet, makes students more interested to study. There are also many students who prefer a background or in-depth knowledge of certain concepts, so they prefer to read books on that particular subject outside of their academic curriculum. We can say all these things assist students to self-learn, but somewhere without a teacher, this method may go haphazard.
There is a flood of information on the internet and thousands of books published on a single subject. What content is authentic on the internet or what books are relevant for reading, is supposed to be guided by the teachers. Teachers know the content and know how to explain it. They motivate the students for high levels of performances. Good teachers are great performers and storytellers that rivet their students’ attention. Apart from academic learning, teachers teach the students about the techniques of amplifying information, and when to execute the knowledge they have. These are life lessons that the students won’t know about unless taught to them by an experienced professional.
Therefore, in closing I’d say that more than the books, TV and internet, teachers are more of our mentors. Teachers don’t teach the school or university subjects, they teach how to learn them on your own. Teachers engineer learning experiences that maneuver the students into the driver’s seat and then step aside.
p style=”text-align: right;”>(299 words, written by Devanshi Shah)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test in November 2016 & Model Essay - November 23, 2016
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in July 2016 & Band 8.0+ Sample Argumentative Essay - November 17, 2016
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in June 2016 & Band 8.0+ Sample Cause/Solution Essay - November 16, 2016