IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic:
It is observed that in many countries not enough students are choosing to study science subject. What are causes? And what will be effects on society?
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in December, 2015 & Band 9.0 Cause/Solution Essay
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (December, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Essay
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (December, 2015) & Band 9.0 Sample
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (November, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Answers
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (November, 2015) & Band 9.0 Samples
Band 8.5 Sample Essay
In several parts of the world, there is currently a lack of students choosing to study science in universities and colleges. This problem happens due to some reasons, and it can have some adverse impacts on society.
There are several reasons why fewer university students are choosing science as their major. Firstly, these subjects are usually more difficult and demanding, which requires students to put much effort into their study. For example, my friend who is doing a course in Biology said that he had to conduct too many experiments and complete numerous projects, which prevented him from having any free time. As a result, science subjects seem to be less attractive to students compared to economics or business-related subjects. Secondly, as there are currently fewer employment opportunities available for graduates in science fields, learners are less likely to decide to select these majors. Instead, they tend to choose other subjects which allow them to find jobs more easily.
A shortage of learners in science fields can result in some negative effects. The first impact is that when fewer students decide to learn about science, there would be a serious shortage of employees working in these fields. This would lead to fewer technological developments, which would also prevent improvements in people’s life quality. For instance, it would be difficult for humans to produce newer smart phones with better functions. Additionally, while a significantly increasing number of students are choosing economics and business to study, the number of job vacancies in these areas is limited. Therefore, many university graduates would have to face unemployment, which increases burden on society.
In conclusion, the shortage of students choosing science subjects is caused by several factors, and this problem might bring about serious impacts.
(290 words, by IELTS Teacher in Vietnam)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Television & Sample Answers - January 17, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test (Task 1 & 2) in Vietnam – January 2017 & Model Answers - January 17, 2017
- IELTS Writing Practice Test 37 (Task 1 & 2) & Sample Answers - January 16, 2017