IELTS WRITING TASK 2
In some countries, using the internet in schools is getting more popular. In this a positive or negative development?
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test in January 2017 & Model Answers
- IELTS Writing Practice Test 17 & Band 8.0 Sample Essay
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in February 2017 & Sample Answers
- IELTS Writing Actual Test 44 (Task 1 & 2) & Sample Answers
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test (Task 1 & 2) in Vietnam – January 2017 & Model Answers
BAND 8.0 + SAMPLE ANSWER
As national barriers are slowly being broken down through trade, integration, and technology, various organisations in society are being influenced especially by the internet. Nowadays practically all academic institutions are connected. The answer to the question whether this is a beneficial or detrimental development is discussed in further detail below.
On the one hand there is ample evidence to suggest that the benefits of the internet are increasing, especially related to an academic environment. This is because when a school is connected they have faster access to more information, furthermore it can bestow increases in efficiency. For example, in certain schools across the UK, matters such as absenteeism, disciplinary procedures and general communication can be performed over the Internet through email. Therefore it is clear that being connected to the world wide web entails positive implications.
On the other hand, being connected to the internet has grave dangers and could even lead to an over reliance. This is due to the fact that undesirable facets of society have potential access to innocent children. Furthermore, getting the into habit of consulting ‘Google’ for answers may be argued as putting too much faith into the hand of technology companies. For example, due to modern marketing technique such as SEO and SEM, it is not difficult to tamper with search engine rankings. Therefore the over reliance on technology instead of traditional knowledge could be questioned.
To conclude, there are both negative and positive aspects to be considered, however due to the wealth of information and the conveniences that have been gained so far, I am strongly of the opinion that school internet connectivity is a positive development.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Thea (see all)
- IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD 65, TOPIC: A COUNTRY YOU HAVE VISITED - October 30, 2016
- IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD 64, TOPIC: A PERSON WHO CAN SPEAK A FOREIGN LANGUAGE - October 29, 2016
- IELTS WRITING 2 PRACTICE TEST 28 AND BAND 8.0+ SAMPLE ANSWER - October 28, 2016