IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic:
The graphs below give information about computer ownership as a percentage of the population between 2002 and 2010, and by level of education for the years 2002 and 2010.
- IELTS Writing Practice Test 34 (Task 1 & 2) & Sample Answers
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test (Task 1, 2) in January 2017 & Model Essays
- IELTS Writing Practice Test 33 (Task 1 & 2) & Sample Answers
- IELTS Writing Practice Test 32 (Task 1 & 2) & Sample Answers
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in Australia (December 2016) & Sample Answers
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
IELTS Writing Task 1 Model Answer from British Council
The bar charts show data about computer ownership, with a further classification by level of education, from 2002 to 2010.
A steady but significant rise can be seen in the percentage of the population that owned a computer over the period. Just over half the population owned computers in 2002, whereas by 2010 three out of four people had a home computer.
An analysis of the data by level of education shows that higher levels of education correspond to higher levels of computer ownership in both of those years. In 2002, only around 15% of those who did not finish high school had a computer but this figure had trebled by 2010. There were also considerable increases, of approximately 30 percentage points, for those with a high school diploma or an unfinished college education (reaching 65% and 85% respectively in 2010). However, graduates and postgraduates proved to have the greatest level of ownership in 2010, at 90% and 95% respectively, 20 percentage points higher than in 2002.
p style=”text-align: justify;”>The last decade has seen a substantial growth in computer ownership in general, and across all educational levels.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Practice Test 34 (Task 1 & 2) & Sample Answers - January 10, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test (Task 1, 2) in January 2017 & Model Essays - January 10, 2017
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Hometown & Sample Answers - January 9, 2017